Annual Wellness Exam
A year is a long time in a pet's life. If you can detect a problem in its early stages, it's more likely to be treated and resolved with less expense, less difficulty and better success.
Our complete physical check includes:
- Vaccination status;
- Parasite control for intestinal parasites, fleas, ticks, mites and hearthworms;
- Dental health care you give at home; any mouth odors, pain, or other signs of disease you may have observed;
- Nutrition including what your dog eats, how often, what supplements and treats are given, and changes in water comsumption, weight, or appetite;
- How much exercise your dog receives including how often and what kind; and any changes in your dog's ability to exercise;
- Ears and Eyes any discharge, redness or itching;
- Stomach and instestines. Any vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, gas, belching, or abnormal stools;
- Breathing any coughing, shortness of breath, sneezing, or nasal discharge;
- Any behavior problems such as barking, 'accidents', or changes in temperament;
- Feet and legs any limping, weakness, toe and nail problems;
- Coat and skin hair loss, pigment changes, lumps, itchy spots, shedding and anal problems;
- Change in mammary glands, urination difficulties or changes;
- Neutering if it has not already been performed;
- Blood tests especially for geriatric dogs, those with medical problems and thoe who are receiving medications.
Never forget, ANNUAL EXAMS save lives!